Monday, February 21, 2011

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

I walk alone, I walk alone.

The town is quiet, and every person is silent. The people everywhere are tired and most don't even care. There some that are depressed, some sad, and others just continue with their boring work, day, after day, after day. It seems that they are so sad and tired is that they may not get enough sleep. The people that are sad, they may have lost somthing that was precious to them, may have gotten fired from a job, or may have just a broing life.

I walk alone, I walk alone.

The city is half empty. Abandoned homes with broken windows and shattered glass was every where I looked. The street light has a broken light and only has red and yellow. Old doors slightly creek and hang off of a hinge or two. I hear a old record playing music but it skips and plays the same thing over and over again. The city was so old that it could have from the fifties or even the sixties. I see many cracks on the road, I'm guseeing that this place may have been hit by a Earthquake or some other natural disaster.

I walk alone, I walk alone.

The weather is bad. The rain is so cold it chills to the bone, yet your not even shaking. The streets are filled with inches of rain. I hear the bolts of Lighting from far away. The rooftops are pouring sheets of rain when it comes down. I should have brought my good boots from home, my feet are soaked and my socks are in terrible condition. I also forgot my heavy coat and my umbrella. It could have saved a lot of trouble and I wouldn't be this wet. Nothing here can help me so I should just keep going. I notice a dog starring at me, he has been following me since I got here. I let it follow. I didn't mind, but still.

I walk alone, I walk alone.

1 comment:

  1. There's a lot here. You've included a lot of good images that bring your boulevard to life. My favorite images (the broken light, the old record playing music) are my favorite because they're specific. Other lines don't ring as true to me because they're not specific (the people who are sad may have lost something...). I understand that the speaker in this piece doesn't understand everything he sees, and he's trying to figure it out. But his imagery is more powerful when he's specific.

    ReplyDelete